First blog post!

Well, hopefully, this won't be the last blog post, too. I was inspired to start this blog after seeing countless sites that were very static and very informative if we were in 2002.

I think a blog will allow people to reference the information by date and thus really see how "innovative" and new our discussions really are.

Finally, things you should know: I am a practicing urologist with a large group in Texas. I treat nearly 300 patients a year with prostate cancer with robotic surgery. However, surgery (even robotic) is not necessarily the best option for all patients. I am lucky enough to be in a large, progressive group that allows expert treatment with cutting edge radiation, cryotherapy, and clinical trials, which allow early access to drugs and treatments that are not yet available in the United States.

For more information, go to: urologysanantonio.com